The Jackal's thoughts on serving the Lion

 



In the fables of India, the Lion is depicted as king of the animals and often has a jackal accompanying as a majordomo or a counterpart. The jackal is fiercely loyal to the Lion and carries out his orders or wishes without question and it is his devotion that the Lion is grateful for. At the same time, the jackal is often embarrassed or humiliated by the king of the beasts despite all that he does for him and nonetheless the jackal continues to strongly represent and support the Lion. The jackal’s views on serving the Lion evidently comes in both good and bad and here is what he might be thinking when he serves the king


Good Points


  1.          There is no better honour than serving His Majesty

     

      2.   What am I here for Your Highness?

     

      3.   I make it my business to know things about you for my king

     

      4.  I am your humble servant Your Majesty

     

      5.  If they offend you my king, they offend me too. If they do great for you they do great for me too

     

      6. Whatever you ask of me Your Majesty, your wish is my command

     

       7.  If you fulfil my expectation, you also fulfil my king’s expectation 




    Bad Points


    1. This cat with his great flowing mane and imposing might of muscles and pride has made a servant of me. Worse a slave. He degrades me, abuses me and amuses himself by abasing me. Me! Whose shadow he is not fit to touch


    2.
      Despite all that I do for the king, he seems to take evident pleasure in humiliating me


    3. 
    If I were to openly tell the king that he is not being fair to me, he would embarrass me more


    4. 
    Would making myself look like a fool make the king realize that even though I have done so much for him, he enjoys seeing me as an object of amusement?


    5. Sometimes I wonder what I have done to deserve the king making a mockery of me


    6. 
    I have often wondered why is it that if the king is grateful for what I do for him why he abuses me?


    7. I sometimes think about why the king likes to hurt me even if he is pleased with what I do for him. Does he see me as an object he can make use of then get rid of?






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Differences between Disney's version of White Fang and the book that inspired it

The Hurricane: Fact vs Fiction

Pirates of the Caribbean vs Titanic